Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well couple days ago I adopted my first dog. Her name is Kirra. She is a 2 year old hound/terrier. She has been in her new home for a couple days now. First day she was bouncing off the walls didn't know what to do. After the first day she had peed all over the floor and she knew that was bad but she hasn't done it since. But now I'm worried. She isn't eating out of her new bowl. She will eat if you put the dog food in your hand. Other than that she won't eat. She was very distant yesterday now that she has found my lazy boy chair and has claimed it as hers. She stayed in that chair in my living room all night until it was time for her to go in her crate. I'm just very worried and concerned that I'm not doing something right since I am a first time dog mom please help!

·
Banned
283 Posts
Well couple days ago I adopted my first dog. Her name is Kirra. She is a 2 year old hound/terrier. She has been in her new home for a couple days now. First day she was bouncing off the walls didn't know what to do. After the first day she had peed all over the floor and she knew that was bad but she hasn't done it since. But now I'm worried. She isn't eating out of her new bowl. She will eat if you put the dog food in your hand. Other than that she won't eat. She was very distant yesterday now that she has found my lazy boy chair and has claimed it as hers. She stayed in that chair in my living room all night until it was time for her to go in her crate. I'm just very worried and concerned that I'm not doing something right since I am a first time dog mom please help!
I don't know but I would guess that she is a bit fazed by the new. Two days to adjust isn't long.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
She probably just needs time to adjust to her new home. Its a big adjust for her being in a new home with new people, new smells ect. Give her some time. If she will eat when hand feed contonue to do so just so she has something in her tummy. But don't be to suprised if she doesn't have much of a appitite for a little while.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I wouldn't get too concerned after two days. Everything is new to her, and she is confused and trying to figure out what happened to her. As long as she eats, she should be ok in time. Also that routine of eating only out of your hand and not her bowl, could be for attention. What better and closer attention could there be than being hand fed, at least from a dogs point of view.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts