Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was scrolling through craigslist... and I saw a post titled "Please help me save this dog!" I clicked on it and read the description and found out that she had taken her aunts dogs after she got cancer and couldn't care for her anymore. I emailed the girl and found out that her landlord was forcing her to get rid of the dog since she already had one and it wasn't allowed on the (contract..? Whatever it's called lol). None of the rescues would take her because she is a pit/american bull mix. She is the absolute sweetest. If she couldn't find a home for her then she was going to have to drop her off at the pound. I told her I would take her and she drove an hour and a half to bring her to me. She gave me her collar, her kennel, and her bed. She is chipped and tagged and has had her rabies shot. She is so incredibly sweet and walks on the leash and sits, lays, and shakes. I am so excited about having her even though my grandma is upset because I neglected to tell her the breed. Hehe oops.. She is starting to take to her and I've been texting the lady and sending her pics of how she is doing. I'll post pics soon!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
That's great you rescued a dog in need! And where do you live that local rescues don't accept bully breeds? That's ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Wow, that's a shame. Here bully breeds are considered difficult to adopt and lots of private rescues and shelters limit the amount they take at a time (unless it's all bullies), but I can't think of any that completely refuse to accept them! Keep us updated on your new pup. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts