Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have been a dog owner for years. Always had two dogs until 2 years ago when I lost my ****zu that I had for 19 years. So its been me and my beagle Shiloh until recently. I adopted/rescued a 6 year old Pomeranian mix...or so they say. She is 6 years old and her name is Sophie. Only 8 lbs. I was given a bag of dry food that she is supposed to like and was told she like chicken.
Well...she doesn't like the dry food or chicken. Tried things like ham, turkey and all kinds of cheeses just to see if she liked anything...NOT!! Went to the supermarket and bought about 7 different "gourmet" dogs foods in tubs and she turned her nose up at them. Consequently I had some premade Italian meatballs that she loves. So in order for her to eat I had to make real beef (cut up), ground beef and rice which she will eat except for the rice. She is picky and I can't keep this diet because its not that healthy. Any advice for about dog food that I can buy that tastes like real beef??

I appreciate your reply.

Garry

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have been a dog owner for years. Always had two dogs until 2 years ago when I lost my ****zu that I had for 19 years. So its been me and my beagle Shiloh until recently. I adopted/rescued a 6 year old Pomeranian mix...or so they say. She is 6 years old and her name is Sophie. Only 8 lbs. I was given a bag of dry food that she is supposed to like and was told she like chicken.
Well...she doesn't like the dry food or chicken. Tried things like ham, turkey and all kinds of cheeses just to see if she liked anything...NOT!! Went to the supermarket and bought about 7 different "gourmet" dogs foods in tubs and she turned her nose up at them. Consequently I had some premade Italian meatballs that she loves. So in order for her to eat I had to make real beef (cut up), ground beef and rice which she will eat except for the rice. She is picky and I can't keep this diet because its not that healthy. Any advice for about dog food that I can buy that tastes like real beef??

I appreciate your reply.

Garry
Since she seems to like meat what about trying a pre made raw diet like Natures Variety Instinct for example . It is a complete diet . There are some others too but not sure what you have available in your area ..

http://www.instinctpetfood.com/product/instinct-grain-free-raw-frozen-beef-diet-medallions-dogs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts