Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to petco to try to get my dog groomed and they wouldn't do it because he was growling at them. He's a poodle mix (probably shih zoo).
We got him recently and he has very matted fur. We cut a little around his eyes so he can see better. He really needs a haircut.
Is it a bad idea to do it ourselves? We don't want to hurt him. He doesn't like strangers and honestly, I don't think we are going to be able to get him to any time soon even with having a trainer.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay..now the shaving part. That's what we need done. What is an appropriate tool to use for that? I don think he's in pain exactly but it is knotted enough to probably be uncomfortable.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
We got him cut. He's all shaved down. He got it done Monday. Ever since he got his cut, he's been acting different. I think his sedation is worn off. However, now when it's time to take him outside he starts shaking. I thought maybe he was chilly, but it's not that because he does it before we even leave the apartment. Plus, he did it tonight and it's unusually warm out tonight.
We actually had to carry him to the grass to get him to go.
He also doesn't seem to want to leave the couches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.