Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I rescued 2 jackchis a few days ago and the male is very picky. I got them blue buffalo kibble after trying 5 other brands, and eventually he finally ate a homemade rice, green bean, lentil, carrots, chicken mixed with the kibble.

He was eating that with no issues for a few days and this morning after going outside he came in and threw up what looked like bile; a tanish liquid. He wouldn't eat ANYTHING. Not even the packaged soft food that he gobbled down previously. Eventually I just gave him some plain chicken and he ate that....

He's acting hungry but just won't eat the food he has been eating. I know things are so odd with rescues at first and I habe absolutely no history on him. Any suggestions are welcome!

Editing to add that he is drinking fine. I think he might just have an upset stomach.

Sincerely over paranoid dog Mom

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
Bile is usually from an empty stomach. It's good he has eaten something, maybe try smaller meals but more frequently?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bile is usually from an empty stomach. It's good he has eaten something, maybe try smaller meals but more frequently?
Yeah I tried just a small amount of his food and he looks at me like "you expect me to eat this?!" 🤦 but the chicken he is all about. I just want to make sure he's getting proper nutrition

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
I'm not in the US so I'm not familiar with this food, but if it's a dry one, you could try adding some warm water to it to release the aroma?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts