Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im a 13 yr old girl who has an english springer of two yrs nearly 3 i luv her lots :dog-love: but i would love to get another one to keep her company my parents say no how to i convince them its a good idea plz help me:dog-tease:

·
Registered
93 Posts
If they say no it's probably for a good reason.
Maybe they don't think you guy's can take care of two and give them the attention they both individually need.
Just talk to them..Ask them but don't bug, you'll just ruin you're itty bitty chances of getting anoter :p

·
Registered
372 Posts
Perhaps you should say your parents reasoning for this before we answer how it can help you. Some ppl dont like more than one dog, or cant afford more than one dog, or perhaps you promiced to look after the first one and the parents are doing most the work

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, and what if you get a dog that doesn't like the one you have now. It could be a real problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
bringing a new dog into a home that already has a dog is very very tricky. i very recently did it, and its still taking time. My shihzu pug has lived with a rottie before, (unfortunatly we had to put her down due to old age at 13 years ) and she had no problems. however my rottie didnt play as much due to her age. i now just recently got a 9 month shephard husky who loves to play, and wants to play with my little dog but she just growls at him. im sure when were not looking she will play, but she is very protective over her home. If you bring a new dog into your home, be prepared that it might not work out, and that your first dog may not like the new dog. i am 18 years old and pay half of the household bills, and i had to beg an beg an beg my mom to let me get another animal. it has taken me many many months! owning a dog is a big responsibility and an awful lot of work especially puppies. i suggest that you show your parents how well you can take care of your first dog, and maybe in a couple months they will feel that you are ready to own another dog. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
argh, annoying when you respond and they dont come back :(
Thats how I stayed single 41 years....

Hey is that avitar of yours mooning me?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You help not only the op but others by your responses.

I have one dog and I would not get two for one good reason.

Two dogs that are very active are infinitely harder to walk than one. I walked my gfs dog and my own the other day and they were constantly going in different directions. I felt like one of those string dolls but all tangled.

·
Registered
60 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

and no my avatar isnt mooning, but the last one was :lolsign:
Yes this one looks like a ray of sunshine...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts