Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be moving in with my grandmother at the end of September. I'm bringing my GSD (Virgil), who will then be 1.5 years old, with me. My grandmother has a jack russell x chihuahua (Bobby). Every time we go to visit her Bobby spends all of his time that he's in the same room as Virgil growling at him, and goes for him if he gets too close. Virgil just ignores him. I've taken them out for a walk together and they seemed to get along absolutely fine, no growling or anything. So I'm guessing Bobby is being defensive of his territory when we're in the house. Does anyone have any advice on how to overcome this? Thanks ?

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
I'm going to be moving in with my grandmother at the end of September. I'm bringing my GSD (Virgil), who will then be 1.5 years old, with me. My grandmother has a jack russell x chihuahua (Bobby). Every time we go to visit her Bobby spends all of his time that he's in the same room as Virgil growling at him, and goes for him if he gets too close. Virgil just ignores him. I've taken them out for a walk together and they seemed to get along absolutely fine, no growling or anything. So I'm guessing Bobby is being defensive of his territory when we're in the house. Does anyone have any advice on how to overcome this? Thanks ?
So your dog is basically invading the home of a dog that is a cross of two typically territorial dogs.

Where's your grandmothers dog when it goes on the defense? On her lap, couch, doggie bed, other? Or does it matter?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.