Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Micah, my new blind rough collie, and Gimli, my reactive pit/pointer, finally had their first formal introduction yesterday. Gimli hates large, black, male dogs. Micah is a black tricolor adult male rough collie, so I was anticipating a disaster. I muzzled Gimli, leashed both boys, prepared for a pack walk and positive reinforcement annnnddddd...

...instant best friends. Gimli acted like he was separated from Micah at birth and they were finally reunited. Not a growl, not a snarl, not a hackle raised, no negative body language whatsoever, just romping in the yard and snuggling on the couch. I have never seen him click with someone so fast. That was my major hesitancy in accepting Micah but now that I know it is a TOTAL non-issue Micah can move in as soon as my work season is over in early April.

I am so happy! We have been working so hard on getting Gimli to be less reactive with new dogs and have had him on Prozac and I am so, so, so happy to know he is better, even in this one situation. <3 <3 <3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.