Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 month old male toy poodle and he started grabbing my females ears when he was playing. She's the dominate dog in our home, so I figured she would stop him if it hurt her. But, she hasn't and now he's pulled at least half the hair off her ears. She had such pretty fluffy ears before and now they look so scraggly.
I scold him all the time, but he doesn't stop. Any ideas what I can do?
thanks,
Debbie

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
don't scold...distract.

Telling him "don't do that" doesn't tell him what he should do instead. WHile a person could figure out "no" mean to do som'thing else a dog doesn't learn that way.

Direct him to a toy or ask for a trick when he starts attacking ears...if you are consistant he will stop. Make sure you praise or treat him when he makes the right choice.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
don't scold...distract.

Telling him "don't do that" doesn't tell him what he should do instead. WHile a person could figure out "no" mean to do som'thing else a dog doesn't learn that way.

Direct him to a toy or ask for a trick when he starts attacking ears...if you are consistant he will stop. Make sure you praise or treat him when he makes the right choice.
When he starts to do it tell him no and distract him with a toy or something. :)
LOL obviously your best bet is to redirect the dog to a toy...this really works, everytime my puppy starts getting too rough with his playing he gets a toy...now he looks for a toy to play with instead

1 - 4 of 4 Posts