Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, this is my first post here; I was seeking a forum to see if anyone had experience with a similar skin discoloration that I found on my pup and it landed me here.

My dog is a Chihauhau mix, 8lbs and approximately 11 years old. She is a rescue from the pound and I have had her for 7 1/2 years. Just recently I noticed a white discoloration on her belly near her armpit that I have never noticed before. I can't say how long it's been there, but I just noticed it today. We spend a lot of time cuddling, so I don't believe the spot has been there for a long time. I've attached a couple of pictures for reference. The area around the white spot is just the color of her belly and doesn't appear to be new or related at all to the white spot.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience as to what this could be? It isn't raised at all and isn't causing her any discomfort, as I was rubbing it and didn't get even a flinch from my pup. I'd like to chalk it up to her just getting "up there" in age, but the dog-lover community is wonderful so I figured I should at least reach out.

I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions. Thanks in advance to all!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Since its not raised, textured or uncomfortable, its probably nothing, but to be sure, have your Vet check it out. Its always wise IMO to be overly cautious about anything you are unsure of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts