Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New behavior

801 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  JoanneF 
#1 ·
My dog has started scratching the bed and rug, then hiding under the bed. She is 11yrs old and this is new behavior. Should I be concerned?

#4 ·
She could be sick.

Dogs are instinctively "den" animals. The fact in and of itself that a dog scratches at the blankets or hangs out under the bed isn't necessarily a cause for alarm. That's instinct.

What would be a concern is if the change in behaviour is sudden. At her age there may be something going on related to senses (eye sight failing, hearing failing) that makes her want to look for the added "security" of a den or there could be more happening than you see on the surface.

If it were my dog I would take her to a vet for a physical.

#5 ·
She could be sick.

Dogs are instinctively "den" animals. The fact in and of itself that a dog scratches at the blankets or hangs out under the bed isn't necessarily a cause for alarm. That's instinct.

What would be a concern is if the change in behaviour is sudden. At her age there may be something going on related to senses (eye sight failing, hearing failing) that makes her want to look for the added "security" of a den or there could be more happening than you see on the surface.

If it were my dog I would take her to a vet for a physical.
Thank you, but she had one two months ago and checked out perfect. I will keep a closer eye on her for a few weeks and see if it persists or worsens. Thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated.

#6 ·
Sometime when we discovered something Funny about our Dogs we need to take action after watching for like 48 hours.

The same happened to my friend some months ago and he decides not to do anything about it because the Dog is 15 years and that was the first time in 15 years.

And the dog really surprised us until we find solution.

I will advise you find the way out to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.