Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3-year-old papillion has slept in the bed, along with our 3-year-old lab mix, for almost a year. The papillion is, by nature, more energetic than the lab but has never had trouble sleeping through the night. For some reason, the last 2-3 weeks he has begun "burrowing" and spinning, readjusting, wiggling on his back, at all hours of the night and it is really disrupting to my husband and me. If I put him in the crate, he barks all night (although he does like his crate and goes in during the day. He just doesn't like to know that the rest of the family is together without him, I think!). I have been taking him on longer walks before bed to try to get him more tired come bedtime and we have a very consistent sleep schedule (9pm-4:30 am). Nothing seems to be working and my eyes are becoming increasingly blood-shot! Has anyone else experienced such sudden restlessness and/or do you have any pointers on what is the cause or what could be a solution?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Kabota was happy to sleep in between my husband and I, down by our feet, until about a month ago. There was a particularly nasty thunderstorm that seems to have mildly traumatized him and now he wants to sleep with his head on my pillow. While my head is on my pillow. This results in fur up my nose, waking me up, or a paw pushed into my throat or a toenail in my eye. Nothing conducive to a good night's sleep.

We've been working on making his bed super awesome rewarding and it's definitely helping. We're at about 80% sleeping on his bed now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts