Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was Team Challenge and it went so well! Team Challenge is a novice friendly agility event held in my area, and the atmosphere is super relaxed because it's just a fun match. Basically there are five teams of ten dogs, and the three best times in the team go toward the score in each division (standard, jumper, gambler). What's really cool though is that there was a practice ring that you could sign up for, and you were allowed to bring in toys and treats! For us that was a priceless training opportunity, because yesterday was Nevy's first time running agility outdoors, and in such a distracting environment, and on a full size dogwalk! And in the "competition" ring you were allowed to declare "training run" at the beginning and you were allowed to use toys and treats, but your time couldn't be used in your team's score.

I was really lucky because I got to practice before running our standard course. In the practice ring she did some crazy zooms, sniffed a bit, but then I got her attention and rewarded her a couple times for engagement, contacts, and obstacles. It was like a light switched on! She was like, "Oooohhhh, I get this now! We can play agility outside too!"

Our standard course went really well, jumpers was okay (she kind of moseyed through the tunnels), and the gamblers went a lot better than I expected. Our team (The Course Busters) ended up with a first in standards (Nev's standard time was used), a second in jumpers, and a first in gamblers (Nevy's time was used in this one too)!

I wish I had brought someone along to take some pictures of us running! It was such a great day! There's another one in August so maybe I can convince my sister to tag along and snap some pics. :)

P.S. Isn't our team shirt cute?!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
That's awesome! Sounds like a great event, especially for your first trial! And congrats on the first! Also like your shirts! Very cute!

Reactions: laceyj19

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Ahhhhh Morning Star Dog Academy is in the city I just moved from! Do you live near Kingston? (I swear I'm not a creepy internet weirdo...)

Congrats to you and Nevy! I just know when we do Levi's first Rally competition he is going to be a total disaster, and I'll just have to laugh. :p

·
Registered
574 Posts
What fun!!! Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I did not, I went to Luv-a-K9. The internet makes the world feel like a small place...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.