Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all, no it's not Zody. My friend had Luke, his 7 month old puppy, neutered 6 days ago, and yesterday Luke peed on his leather couch, then later on that night he peed on another friend's couch. Both times Luke had just been for a walk not an hour before.

I was there for the second incident, we were all sitting around playing cards, Luke was on the couch acting goofy, when I glanced over and there was a puddle seeping into the couch. The owner and I got up to clean the couch and I noticed that there was also a trail of pee on the floor, like Luke had jumped down while still peeing.

Luke is eating great, full of energy, and other then the peeing not acting sick. The incision was a little inflamed last night, but no real swelling, or infection, I had told the owner to call the vet in the morning to be on the safe side, but my guess was that Luke had been licking at it a bit more then he should. When he peed like he did I told him to definitely mention it when he talked to the vet, as I doubted it was a housetraining problem, but a medical one.

Has anyone else had a puppy do something like that after being spayed or nuetered, and if so what could it be that causing it? Oh yeah, and what's the odds that the leather couch can be saved :eek:?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had similar problem with my old schnauzer. After being neutered he refused to pee outside for a few days and started to pee in a house, but it looked like he didn't feel it - he used to walk while peeing like nothing happened. It went back to normal after a week or so. I thought it might be, that he feels discomfort or pain and keep holding it for the whole day, and when he couldn't anymore, he just started to pee.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Time for a Vet consult, to rule out any medical issues. If there are no medical problems, then maybe a refresher course of house training is appropriate.

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time for a Vet consult, to rule out any medical issues. If there are no medical problems, then maybe a refresher course of house training is appropriate.

That's what I told him when I realized it wasn't an isolated incident and that he had trailed pee the second time.

My friend did call the vet this morning about the incision, it was still inflamed and when I looked at it seemed to be coming open a bit, and was told to bring him back in. Hopefully he remembered to ask about the peeing, but he might not have since he's a bit forgetful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts