Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 8 month old puppy got neutered 6 days ago and this is my first time neutering a dog and I have no idea what to look out for. He has been wearing his Elizabeth collar 24/7, but he’s very energetic still and loves to jump. We try our best to stop him from jumping but his favorite spot is on top of the couch and when he hears a noise he jumps off. He hasn’t really tried to lick his incision until now on the 6th day but he still can’t get to it. I can’t tell if the slight swelling on the side of his incision is looking normal or start of an infection. He lets me touch around it fine and doesn’t seem too bothered to have me look at it It was kind of looking like that when he first got back. Also, his tattoo incision seems a little big and deep for a tattoo. Is it just me being paranoid?
Is there also a way to clean around it? Since COVID time, all I have is an email for post op care, and it says to not get it wet. But I just see it’s all crusty and idk if it should be cleaned with like water or a baby wipe or something.

I also contacted the vet who did his neuter but they don’t respond on weekends so I’m still awaiting their reply as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,187 Posts
Looks fine to me too, but for clarity, is his e-collar an Elizabethan collar rather than a shock collar? If so, may I edit your post to avoid confusion q

1 - 3 of 3 Posts