Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to approach our new neighbor who's dog is consistently using our yard and mostly our flower beds as it's drop zone? I am assuming the owners are not aware what their dog is doing. I've tried cleaning all the droppings up and putting down the stuff you sprinkle to keep animals away, it just leaves it's new calling card on top of it. I've heard people using stuff like cayenne pepper, vinegar, ammonia, a motion water sprayer (can't use in winter), or planting lavender or thorny bushes. I have even heard of some really horrible people using very unkind, immoral and possible illegal methods. From the looks of the flower beds the previous owner allowed or just put up with it. I'm a animal lover too, (well except for skunks, groundhogs and moles), what's the best way to retrain and keep the dog out of our yard. Fence isn't allow in our neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Urine can definitely kill plants, so I would just knock on their door and kindly explain that their dog has been going to the bathroom in your plantbeds and it's killing your plants. It's really the only way to ensure your plants don't continue getting killed. Definitely don't put anything harmful down for the dogs to eat!

If they are unkind about your simple and reasonable request or if the problem persists, speak with your landlord.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts