Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not looking for any advice really, I'm just furious and wanted to vent a bit and I know you guys would empathize.

So the neighbors from down the road have 4 kids who like to come play occasionally. They are annoying, but at least two of them listen okay for the most part. Well whenever they ride their bikes down usually their little wirehaired mix comes along and will tease Hunter and Levi while they are in their kennel. He will prance right outside of the gate and bark at them and generally drive them crazy. Well my BF's mom was tired of hearing Hunter and Levi going crazy and asked me to go get him away from the kennel. As soon as I got within 5 feet the little monster started snarling at me and lunging at my feet (which made Hunter and Levi go absolutely insane trying to get to him). I managed to back him away from the kennel and then he ran towards his house. Well we were watching through the window and he just went around our house and right back to the kennel again. I gave up at that point and asked the girls who were outside if they could keep him from bugging Hunter and Levi (he doesn't act like that to the neighbor kids so I don't feel bad delegating it to them).

Well the kids came inside and apparently the dog came with them. Bandit was asleep on my bed until the kids made this huge banging noise like they broke something and when I opened the bedroom door that dog was waiting on the other side and immediately backed Bandit into a corner of the hallway, growling and snapping at him. I flipped and used my foot to shove him down the hallway and used my body to keep him away from Bandit and herd him out the front door.

Asking the kids not to let him back in was answered with silence and rolled eyes and I'm just so mad and I was so scared for Bandit because he just cowered and didn't even try to defend himself and these stupid kids don't even care!

Thanks for letting me rant. If that dog comes near Bandit again I will drag it back to its house and tell her that if her dog is let out of the house off leash again I will call the cops. There is no excuse for letting your aggressive dog roam free in a neighborhood just because he's only 15 lbs. :mad:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've always thought kids, dogs, and no leashes is a recipe for disaster. Bet they even coo "aww but he's the friendliest dog ever, he would never do that."

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes!!! I even overheard the oldest girl telling someone I was "overreacting" as I was shoving her snarling dog away from Bandit's face.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes!!! I even overheard the oldest girl telling someone I was "overreacting" as I was shoving her snarling dog away from Bandit's face.
You definitely have a lot more patience than me. I would have broke down already and either made some dog repellent or called animal control about a dog and human aggressive dog running at large. Gotta hand it to you for having such well behaved doggies :) good human.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You definitely have a lot more patience than me. I would have broke down already and either made some dog repellent or called animal control about a dog and human aggressive dog running at large. Gotta hand it to you for having such well behaved doggies :) good human.
Thank you! Honestly I would have called already but the BF's mom doesn't want me to because they let Sadie roam the yard off leash. She's old and never leaves the yard though but still they are worried that the neighbor could get mad and mention Sadie to get back at us.

·
Registered
262 Posts
This is really bad in the neighborhood I just moved to. I live in an apartment, and the house close to ours has a bunch of tiny dogs that are never on leash. They seem to think it's fine because they aren't aggressive. Problem is, I do have a dog aggressive dog. What am I to do if a tiny unleashed dog comes out of nowhere and runs towards mine?

People always assume if their dog doesn't run away and isn't mean it doesn't need a leash and they seldom think about the safety of their dog that can just run up to any dog it wants... *shrug*

Another time, a girl with a husky CLEARLY saw my dog freaking out on leash, and I had my other dog with me too, so I was trying to get them away from the husky and realized...the girl was BRINGING her husky over to us to "say hello"!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.