Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally try to stay out of other people's lives and business, but not when it comes to the well-being of other living beings.

There is a house across the street from mine that has 3-5 pitbulls (some come and go so I'm not entirely sure if they live there), and I feel like they're not being taken care of properly. None of them look skinny, but I think that's because they're almost always pregnant (HUGE eye roll of disgust). I'm looking at three pregnant momma pits right now all tied out on chains. My guess is the other 2 dogs that come and go are the daddy dogs doing their business.

I don't know these neighbors at all, honestly I never even see them, just the dogs. These girls are perpetually pregnant, and I'm not exaggerating. I'm just so frustrated because I know how horrible it is to backyard breed, ESPECIALLY PITTIES. I absolutely adore pitbulls, it's just I know that they have huge litters so I'm looking at almost 30 puppies in the making right this very second!

I guess this is more of a rant, and technically they have the right to do whatever they want with their dogs as long as they're "healthy", but it's really frustrating to watch! :mad:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just reeks of puppy mill to me. It's a problem where I'm at in Virginia. Lot of Craigslist posts with language similar to "rednose litter. 4 weeks old must go now. 300 each. Serious inquiries only."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just reeks of puppy mill to me. It's a problem where I'm at in Virginia. Lot of Craigslist posts with language similar to "rednose litter. 4 weeks old must go now. 300 each. Serious inquiries only."
It really makes me sick! I just don't know what else to do. I doubt any organizations around here would take me seriously if I started yelling puppy mill because they only have the 3 mommas, UGH! I'm in South Jersey so we're not too far from each other. I know it's a HUGE problem in Lancaster, PA and I feel like it's slowly creeping outwards from there. I haven't tried to find these specific people on Craigslist but I might just look around. :ponder:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Report them to animal services. Almost guaranteed that they don't have the necessary permits to be a breeder.
Not to mention the conditions there are probably going to be looked at as animal cruelty. Leaving pregnant mom's chained outside doesn't scream "I give a **** about my dogs" to me

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Report them to animal services. Almost guaranteed that they don't have the necessary permits to be a breeder.
Not to mention the conditions there are probably going to be looked at as animal cruelty. Leaving pregnant mom's chained outside doesn't scream "I give a **** about my dogs" to me
They aren't in great conditions, I just know I've seen worse as bad as that sounds. I don't think that way but with the insane amount of strays and pits in my area I was worried someone would think like that. Do you know if a report like that can stay anonymous?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
They aren't in great conditions, I just know I've seen worse as bad as that sounds. I don't think that way but with the insane amount of strays and pits in my area I was worried someone would think like that. Do you know if a report like that can stay anonymous?
Yea, im pretty sure that any reports made can be done so anonymously. I work closely with a rescue here in florida and we are constantly getting dogs from similar conditions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, im pretty sure that any reports made can be done so anonymously. I work closely with a rescue here in florida and we are constantly getting dogs from similar conditions.
Okay I will look into it, thank you! I just feel so bad for those momma pups. Their bellies all but drag the ground and I know if it's the same as last summer, they will be tied out in 90+ degree weather while pregnant. :mad:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I live in NJ and am working on spay/neuter issues and am also in contact with SPCA officers. Some towns actually have ordinances against this. Message me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts