Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
first make sure the wound is having time to "breathe" it needs to be uncovered at times to heal. You are using neosporin or something similar right? How long ago? I didn't get to the thread about it yet sorry, but if its been a day or two it should be ok without a dressing on it.

As far as playing I don't think he will injure it anymore and it should be starting to scab enough for him to walk and run. I think he should be ok to go to the dog park and just check it occasionally to make sure it hasn't split open, clean it when you get home, let it dry/breathe, etc.

My aunts dog ripped the little extra pad with no nail that sits a couple inches above the foot open, please tell me you know what I am talking about LOL, and she just cleaned it and put some neosporin on it and let it be, it healed within days.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I would probably just let it breathe while at home now and not use peroxide because soaking it is also softening it and not letting it harden and heel as quick :) just something I do personally, I believe wounds heal wonderfully on their own, obviously if Mikey starts licking at it redirect him.

Did you take him to the dog park yet? if so how did it go?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.