Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is the wrong place, I wasn't sure were to put it.

I need some help coming up with a topic for a research paper that I have due. Being that crazy dog lady I am, i've decided to do it about dogs :p. That and I will actually find the research interesting. But im not sure what would be the best topic to choose. I need something that's going to give me plenty of credible resources, and something that has lots of info on it.
Do you guys have any ideas? All I can think of is dog nutrition or training but im not really sure what a narrower idea of those could be. Also do you know of any good articles/papers/books on these topics?

·
Registered
900 Posts
There are lots of research on the effects AAT (animal assisted therapy) helps those with PTSD, mental illnesses, learning disabilities, etc. It has also been shown that having dogs visit patients, lowers stress, BP, and many other physiological problems. I remember I wrote a paper about it too, i'll try to find it and can help you with finding some credible sources.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
How about how the breeding industry has changed some breeds so much that they now have serious health issues...such as the way bull dogs use to look in the early 1900's compared to now....they went from rather normal looking dogs to dogs that can barely breath due to the squashed up nose desired by the breeders.

There are several breeds where dogs have changed, look at old photos of dachshunds and they too use to be a little more normal looking and thus didn't have the back issues that today's breed have...

In seeing how these changes affect the dog's health...are there any breeders now who are trying to change things back to older conformation standards?

Stormy

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas, those both sound interesting. Ill have to look into them more when i get home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts