Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We love our little poodle mix Cooper. We did training with him for fear aggression and the last visit he really seemed to be okay with the woman. My parents came over last weekend and he barked at them but then it turned out to be really good.
But then today my in-laws came and they didn't listen to us and what not. It got really ugly. One minute he let them pet him and then the next he growled and attacked.

Our poor little guy loves us. However it seems like our lifestyle isn't going to suit him after all. We have young kids in our family that I don't think he can ever be around and he seems unable to visit even with most adults.

I don't know what to do. I'm depressed about having to make this decision, but he was a rescue and nobody knew what he was like. I think he needs an older person or couple to be with. I don't know what would happen to him in the shelter. Our life causes stress on him and its all causing stress on us and making us sad. I just want him happy. But I don't know what to do to get him in a good home.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
It will probably be hard to find owners for him. If you didn`t have small children, I would suggest strict management - just don`t let him meet guests so on. But as you have children - they are your first priority and this dog does not sound safe for them to be around.

There are some very dog-savvy people out there who maybe would take him... but I really don`t have a good idea about how you could reach them. Talk with local enthusiasts, trainer, shelters.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.