Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used physical therapy on very senior dog that has arthritis of the spine? Meg has gone from walking to not being able to stand over the last 3 weeks. Pain is controlled for now. I don't know what to do. Of course, the nearest animal PT is 3 hours away. Any help appreciated. Blood work good, no cancer. Good appetite.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Has anyone used physical therapy on very senior dog that has arthritis of the spine? Meg has gone from walking to not being able to stand over the last 3 weeks. Pain is controlled for now. I don't know what to do. Of course, the nearest animal PT is 3 hours away. Any help appreciated. Blood work good, no cancer. Good appetite.

I'm really not familiar with arthritis of the spine but as far as PT, I've heard that hydrotherapy does wonders for senior dogs. Maybe it's something to look into.

Hope your sweet senior gets some relief soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, my 14 year old Chihuahua has arthritis in his paws, we recently started feeding him raw meat as well as his usual dry food and he has stopped licking his paws, I have done lots of research and there are loads of nutrients in raw meat that are good for them, I made a video, hope it's ok to share, and hope your pooch is feeling better :) Here's the link https://youtu.be/XRRaIBjD-MM

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts