Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 4 month old puppy, her mother is a staffy dacshund cross, however the father was never seen. Its not a huge deal but we would like to know what breed she seems to be from anyone good at identifying. We want to know because we would like to know what size she will grow too (we dont mind the bigger the better imo, also its just nice to know). I have searched the internet but cannot find anything. Even if anyone can refer me to somewhere good to research i will be thankful. Thanks for reading, any help or advice is much appreciated ! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Most vets offer DNA testing if you want to know what breeds she is. There are two different types of tests one does a swab of the inside of the dogs mouth and the other is a blood test. The blood test is a little more accurate, but it's also more expensive.

Both tests will give you the breeds of your dog, its parents and its grandparents and it will tell you about each of the breeds.

Good luck!

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you share a phot we could have a guess but the chances of it being correct are low, I myself tho far from being an expert know few medium to large breed dogs if you wanted to DM a photo or post one here I would love to have a guess even if I'm completely wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
May want to try this out...

Hello I have a 4 month old puppy, her mother is a staffy dacshund cross, however the father was never seen. Its not a huge deal but we would like to know what breed she seems to be from anyone good at identifying. We want to know because we would like to know what size she will grow too (we dont mind the bigger the better imo, also its just nice to know). I have searched the internet but cannot find anything. Even if anyone can refer me to somewhere good to research i will be thankful. Thanks for reading, any help or advice is much appreciated ! :)
Not really sure if this will help you out or not, but I did a google search for "dog lineage" and there was something that caught my eye. There is a product called wisdom panel 3.0 (not an affiliate link) but what this does is you swab the cheek of your dog and send it to a lab where the results are lab tested for their dna. I have not tried this as it seems a little bit pricy but it looks something similar to ancestry for humans. You may want to check it out by searching for that or just do a google search for dog lineage and see if that helps you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts