Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.It has been a while since I was on this forum, But I have a question about worming my min pin. I have been giving her Purina tablets but it is quite a task to get her to take it. We have tried powdering the tablet & putting it in her food but she will not eat her food with them in it. So we have resorted to breaking the tablet in two & using a pill popper with some success but it is quite a fight, she can still get them out of her mouth.I am wondering if anyone out there has any good ideas to get her taking either a good tasting tablet or a liquid worm treatment.

The Purina is a tablet that they say is good tasting but it can't taste that good or she would eat it. I live in Tasmania so it will have to be something I can get here in Australia. any advice would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't know what's in that Purina stuff. Purina is also a brand that I do not associate with having the best interests of your pet at heart after it was found that their petfood contained propylene glycol and mycotoxins that killed thousands of dogs in 2015.

My first impulse would be to suggest looking for fendendazole (sold under the brand name "Panacur") in powder form that you can just mix in with your dog's normal food. You should be able to acquire this via your vet with no trouble.

Also, you need to understand that I am NOT a veterinarian so before you give your dog this medication you MUST consult with your vet first. Fendendazole is considered safe and giving it to dogs for de-worming is pretty routine but you must not take any medical advice from me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts