Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I'm new to these forums so if I break any rules just let me know. But I need some help with figuring out what my dogs breed is. We found her along side of a highway when she was no more than a month old. When we brought her home she could barely eat wet food. We've had her a little over a year now. Shes a very hyper and playful dog full of energy. She has double dew claws on her hind legs and one dew claw on each front leg. She has medium length hair, a curved tail and very kinky hair when wet. Shes got german Shepard colored fur but it is a very small dog only about a foot or so tall with a very lean body and long legs. Any thoughts and opinions would be very appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
She is gorgeous! Such lovely fur, so shiny!

There are a dozen breeds that can have that black and tan, but given her size, I'm guessing doxie x border collie.

·
Registered
547 Posts
She reminds me A LOT of the 2 border collie mixes by father had over a decade ago. One was marked like yours with white on his chest and the other was all black with white feet and chest.

I'm guessing your girl has Sheltie though because she is a lot smaller than my dad's border collie mixes. It is very unlikely that such a small dog could have rottweiler in it.

Just for fun, try a google image search for a black and tan sheltie mix. Some look a like your puppy who is absolutely gorgeous by the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.