Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We are adopting an 8 year old Goberian(Siberian husky and golden retriever mix). We are having a hard time coming up with a name for her.

We've had 2 goldens with the names Leinie(after the beer because it's red and we like it) and Wallie(full name Walnuts-we have a walnut tree and my husband's nick name is Pauly Walnuts).

I would like a really unique, strong, hardy name, yet one you can shorten. For example we could shorten Wallie to Waldo among other things. The Goberian has one blue eye and one brown eye, so I was trying to come up with something that had to do with that, but even looking online, have found nothing. We've come up with names like Alaska, Aspen, Bella and many others, but none of them sound exactly right and some you can't shorten.

I've searched online with no luck. If you have a husky or malamute etc with really different, cool, pretty(yet hardy) female name or have heard a name, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen that. It's not exactly what we're looking for, but thanks for the suggestion! BTW, she's mostly very light brown with mostly white face.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Name suggestions with a nickname derived from it.

~Nikita -> Nicky (Nikita has kind of a Russian/Siberian feel to it

~Klondike -> Ikey or Lonnie (the former using the ending of the name 'ike' and sounding out the E, and the latter suggestion coming from the middle part of the name klondike

~AU (for the golden retriever part in her) then the nickname could be Goldie. Au is the symbol for gold.
But also in pronouncing 'A U' - it sounds a bit like 'hey you' (I use to have a dog named Hey You, back in the 1970s/80s.) Au wouldn't be as obvious to some. but it works with the siberian in the dog too given Siberia is famous for gold rushes.

Btw, I have a full blood Golden Retriever that is mentally handicapped...his name was Rugar, which is a famous handgun brand. Since there was nothing deadly about him and he was so funny and for a few other reasons, I renamed him HaHa.

I often call him 'Bubba' because like the mentally handicapped character of that name who was Gump's best friend in the movie Forrest Gump - HaHa's bottom lip is often hanging down.
But, also, it's a nickname that has always made me think of the word 'buddy' for some reason...so that nickname works well with HaHa.

Stormy

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Laika
Anouk
Astra
Sheba
Zena
Sakari (means 'sweet' in eskimo innuit)
Nuknuk (means 'kiss' in Eskimo)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts