Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My wife and I recently had to euthanize our pet after injuries he received during boarding at a veterinary hospital. I am looking for an attorney in the Venice Florida are that handles these type of cases.

Thank you for your time,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you taken this to the media? Maybe they can attract attention for you and a lawyer can offer their advice or services to you. I hope this helps. I am very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
You would probably be better off seeking out help from people involved in law and legal battles. It's not common dog owners have to seek out lawyers so I don't think we will be much help for you. I'm sorry this happened to you as well but maybe try calling lawyers in your area instead.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
So sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine my feelings if that happened to us with Samantha. The unfortunate part of your situation, and also IMO unfair, is as far as the law is concerned your beloved dog was nothing more than property, and courts will ignore all your feelings and emotions, and boil it all down to what you can show your financial losses are. Unfair for sure, but until that law is changed, that's going to be the legal position you will be in.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Recommend checking out the Florida Bar to see if you can find a small claims court attorney. So sorry to hear about your loss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts