Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so these little guys were rescued some time ago and I would like to know your opinion on the breeds, if it is even possible to discern. They seem to have some brazilian mastiff in them (at least to me). What do you guys think?

The skinny girl is their mother, no idea what the father looks like. The main goal here is to be able to tell at least with some accuracy what size will the pups be after they're fully grown, so that potential adopters know what they're getting into. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Those poor babies and mom. Please post photos when they get better.

As to my knowledge the size of the foot is a good indicator of future size. Judging from the pictures I would say about the size of the mom is the biggest they will get. However, time is the best indicator especially for rescue dogs and I am by no means an expert.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Oh my...those pups are adorable. Are you fostering all of them?? If so, kudos to you for being able to handle so much.

It's a bit hard to tell for sure, but the puppy paws look quite large so may be a larger size when fully grown. How much do they weigh now and how old?

Could possibly be part mastiff. Are Brazilian mastiffs common in your area?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hmm. I think they are cute and I'm glad someoen was there to recue mom and pups. I would like to point out that if this was an unplanned, then each pup could have different fathers. At least we can give a pretty good guess of mom if we can get a side profile and standing side possibly at eye level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.