Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Japanese chine, 10 years old, have high calcium and low phosphor. I took it for ultrasound and this is the results:
L Adrenal: normal in size and shape. Circular hyperechoic nodule (4x3.3mm) was detected in the cranial pole giving it a slightly plump appearance
R Adrenal: Slender caudal pole (3mm). Circular hyperechoic nodule (7.5x5.5mm)was detected in the cranial pole giving it a slightly plump appearance
S/L region was unremarkable (no evidence of lymphadenopathy)
Perianal region was unremarkable except impacted anal sacs
Urinary bladder wall was mildly thickened with ragged mucosal surface. There were multiple small calculi (1-2mm)
NECK US:
R THYROID and Parathyroid (2-3mm) were unremarkable
L THROID was unremarkable.
LPARATHYROID imbedded in the cranial pole of the thyroid gl. Was prominent (4.9x3x4mm)-it was twice the size of the other parathyroid glands which were visualized.

Can you please tell me what are my options.
Best Regards
Noga

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hypercalcemia can have many causes--the cause must be determined and that treated. Obviously you've had some vet work to give you this information, didn't the vet explain what was wrong with your dog, and how to treat it? Or do they not know? I would urge you to go back and discuss these results with them again. If you don't feel comfortable with the vet, please take your medical records and get a second opinion. Did you have a full blood panel done (if not that should be done)? One of the main causes is kidney failure, and this can be determined from a blood panel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the fast response.
I did a full blood test on the 3rd august.
this are the results:
ALB 4.5
ALKP 566
ALT 140
AMYL 1325
TBIL 0.4
BUN 22
CA 13.5
PHOS 6.0
CREA 1.3
GLU 93
NA 136
K 3.5
TP 7.7
GLOB 3.2

Last blood results:
CA 13.3
CREA 0.5
PHOS 2.5

The vet explain to me that I probably have to operate.
I'm afraid from surgery.
Isn't there any way to give another treatment?

Best Regards
Noga

·
Registered
148 Posts
Honestly, I don't think anyone on this forum would be comfortable giving a diagnosis or treatment plan without having examined your dog... And if anyone here does give you a diagnosis or offers veterinary medical advice, I would be hesitant to follow it. You have no way of verifying the credibility of that forum member's expertise!

@Pappi_pup has suggested that you can get a second opinion from a veterinarian and I think that's probably your best course of action if you doubt your first vet's medical opinion.

Good luck :)

Reactions: Grabby

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to update that I went for consultation in the veterinary hospital, and we will do the surgery.
Thank you so much.
Noga

1 - 6 of 6 Posts