Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my aussiedor and I are living in metro Detroit and obviously, its winter time. temps have gotten to -3 degrees F and my pup is having trouble staying outside to finish his business. he actually will hold his back paws up and looks terrified after a few mins and I just pick him up and rub his feet, take him inside. does anyone know what I can do to help this? he already has a winter jacket and I looked into getting booties but im not sure which brand, or if it is even worth it? hes only 3 months so the winter is really harsh on him at this point :(

please let me know if anyone has any suggestions

·
Registered
145 Posts
Doggy Socks and lots of high value treats!!

Hi,

My dog has booties for going out in this type of weather. We have a pair from Ultrapaws, and they are very good so far, and we have taken them on hour long walks without them falling off. The one downside is that they take quite a bit of time to put on, so they wouldn't be very practical for your purpose. I would suggest a set of dog socks, with some rubber on the bottom. We have a pair of these from RC pet products, although she doesn't wear them often, unless it is really cold outside for potty trips. They are easy to slip on and off :)

Also, you may want to take some super high value treats with you, perhaps some hotdog or little bits of chicken. This is important for housetraining in general, but it could encourage your pup if they are reluctant to remain outside.

Hope this helps!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts