Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Maybe some more detail would help.

Is this a new thing? Is it all year or seasonal? Is your dog itchy all over or is the itching in an isolated place? Has your dog been treated for fleas? What do you feed? Have you seen a vet and if so, what has your vet done to investigate and treat the itch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe some more detail would help.

Is this a new thing? Is it all year or seasonal? Is your dog itchy all over or is the itching in an isolated place? Has your dog been treated for fleas? What do you feed? Have you seen a vet and if so, what has your vet done to investigate and treat the itch?
It is not a new thing, I’ve taken him to the vet a couple times and they give him shots for allergies and it helps but he’s still very itchy around his eyes and the bottom of his mouth, and some other areas. I’ve spent over $1000 in the vet costs and I still have the same problem. He eats nutro and I believe its more seasonal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not a new thing, I’ve taken him to the vet a couple times and they give him shots for allergies and it helps but he’s still very itchy around his eyes and the bottom of his mouth, and some other areas. I’ve spent over $1000 in the vet costs and I still have the same problem. He eats nutro and I believe its more seasonal

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
So if the anti allergy shots help, you at least know it is an allergy, just not what he is allergic to.

If it is seasonal, you could try wiping him down with a wet cloth after being outside.

You could also look at the food, grains can cause itching and chicken is a surprisingly common allergen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts