Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this sweetie on my porch about 3 weeks ago. I've posted her pictures on my facebook (which has over 1500 friends & family) I've also put flyers up at all our local stores and businesses near by with no luck on finding her owner!! I'm taking her to the vet next week to get a check up and see if she may have a chip.

I'm curious on what breed she is. She looks very similar to my purebred POM, but much tinier. Her hair is thinner and lays more flat besides her tail. Her tail and face are very similar to my POMs.. Her ears on the other hand are very large and stick straight up and face forward. She is very sweet and is more of a lap dog than my pom. She is mostly black with a white chest and has white around her feet.

I've narrowed it down to these breeds but unsure:

Long haired Chihuahua
Pomchi Mix
Papillion? or some type of mix? - just come accross that one today in search so very unlikely...

I'm going to find out for sure from the vet is she has been fixed if we decide to keep her, since my POM is a 3 year old male. They are inseparable! The play, eat and sleep together. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'm really leaning towards a mix with a papillon. The ears and face look similar and she doesn't look like a chihuahua. What a cutie!

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Actually I could see pom x chi in her pics, plys both breeds are pretty common. Honestly, I could maybe even see just a long haired backyard bred chi--you will see a lot of variety in the breed since it is so poorly and over bred.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts