Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all.

Was looking for an active online dog community which had led me here. I recently started a show on youtube starring my half papillon/chihuahua and german shepherd. Considering dog lovers are my target audience, I figured dogforum.com would be a good place to get some honest feedback. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43nzD5Cq9gE

Episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJcCzKlKejM

·
Registered
152 Posts
The first video was nothing special to me.... the second video I stopped watching the moment you started chasing your dogs with the vacuum when they are obviously uncomfortable.

I don't like that kind of thing, I probably wouldn't watch future videos.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I enjoyed watching the two dogs interact together, that was really nice and made me smile. A GSD and Papillon playing together, what could be cuter? :)

I winced when I saw both dogs trapped in a corner, tails tucks, obviously scared of the vacuum. Deliberately scaring animals for amusement isn't my idea of a good time and not something I would choose to watch.

(Thought the superhero costume was weird, not at all friendly. Evil Anti-hero, maybe, not a 'good guy' who dogs should trust.)

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
I agree with @BostonBullMama - video #1 is fine....cute, but not something I'd tune in to watch daily. Video #2 bothers me. People work really hard to get their dogs NOT to fear things like thunder and vacuum's. In this video, you're scaring the dogs for... entertainment? This is certainly not going to strengthen your bond with your dogs, so what is your goal? Be the NBT on YouTube? If so, I recommend doing tricks and such with your dogs. That is something that people WILL tune in to watch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the feedback. After reading your comments about the vacuum cleaner clip, I realize that while my intentions were not bad and meant no harm (I love my pups), I can understand that I was in the wrong for scaring the dogs. I have heard similar information that you should teach the dogs not to fear objects and certain noises a while back, but it slipped my mind. I do tease the dogs from time to time, but as a first dog owner, I have to remember not to 'humanize' them. Going forward, I will not make the same mistake.

Again, thank you guys.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
I hope your Shepherd isn't wearing the choker except when under your supervision. Bad things can happen if a choke style collar ever gets hung up on something and you aren't there to free the dog.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope your Shepherd isn't wearing the choker except when under your supervision. Bad things can happen if a choke style collar ever gets hung up on something and you aren't there to free the dog.
No, he doesn't wear it regularly. He's usually collar free around the house.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The choker took my attention too. It was very loose, I feared the dog might get his paw or some other body part (or the other dog hers) trough it and get tangled.

I thought the "superhero" was a burglar so I was surprised that dogs welcoming him was not turned into a joke like how the dogs would not guard the house but help carrying the valuables out.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
When I look at youtube videos, I am usually looking for people who do tricks and unusual tricks or unique tricks. Doesn't matter if they are showing you how to train them or not.

I'm half heartedly wanting to have tricks staring Kuma my rescue pup on youtube. I'm glad that you realize your mistake, that to me means you are a good dog person and your pups are adorable. I would love to see the two of them do unique tricks maybe with each other. Like your girl going under your boy and her leaping onto his back and back down again and repeating. (Since you are doing comments, you can come up with something cute to say.) Or your GSD doing circles around your papillon mix or vice versa.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I look at youtube videos, I am usually looking for people who do tricks and unusual tricks or unique tricks. Doesn't matter if they are showing you how to train them or not.

I'm half heartedly wanting to have tricks staring Kuma my rescue pup on youtube. I'm glad that you realize your mistake, that to me means you are a good dog person and your pups are adorable. I would love to see the two of them do unique tricks maybe with each other. Like your girl going under your boy and her leaping onto his back and back down again and repeating. (Since you are doing comments, you can come up with something cute to say.) Or your GSD doing circles around your papillon mix or vice versa.
Handsome's real name is actually 'Kuma'. He's named after the Bear from the Tekken series!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts