Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued a dog from someone who was mistreating it and that threw the dog out in the pouring rain and kicked it.

I am trying to figure out the dog's breed in order to decide if I can manage to keep it ( size etc ) or if I have to find a good home for him.

He is the most lovable and adorable puppy I have ever met, never barks, never is naughty.

Here is a picture of him,
Someone said they think he's an Australian Shepard mixed with something since he has short hair.

I just need to understand how big he will get, his paw's are not that large so I am assuming he will be a medium size dog.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
looks like a German Shepherd Dog mix to me perhaps mixed with a smaller spitz or nordic breed. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree german shepherd mix with what I'm not sure may something with down ears they are usually standing up by now possible it could be a beagle it's hard to tell how large is he weight wise?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
you say he's a puppy?
how old is he and how much does he weigh roughly?
it's not fool-proof but sometimes with size and weigh comparing to one for the probable contining breeds can help guessing the weigh range as an adult.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
That picture you posted is a picture of bubbles. o_O

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
The photo the OP is appearing on my screen as bubbles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree german shepherd mix with what I'm not sure may something with down ears they are usually standing up by now possible it could be a beagle it's hard to tell how large is he weight wise?
That's the difficult part, I was told that he was 2 month's old however he look's a little large for 2 month's but then again I am not an expert with dog's by any mean's. I owned a Pit before but that was the only dog I ever owned.

It's very hard to identify exactly what he is, perhaps a Shepard/Lab mix of some sort? I saw a few pictures of an Australian Shepard that looked similar to him (short haired one's).

He does not weigh that much, I would imagine 5 maybe 6 lb's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmm maybe it's photo he does look large I would use a tooth guide to compare but chances if the vet said he's 2 months they are probably right if he is two months I would think his ears would be trying to stand up at the very least. I'm not to sure what he's mixed with and im not sure the rate of growth for 2 months I would presume fairly fast growth. At three month our shepherd mix pup was around 23 lbs, she is now 53 lbs at a year old, that gives you a little idea of if hes going to be larger or smaller than 50 lbs full grown. If you compare at the three month mark.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
that's around 3 kg isn't it?
He seemes to be too light for just Schäfi.
Schäfi puppies weigh around double that weight at the age of 8 weeks.

could be mixed with beagle.
could also be mixed with a bully breed (mix), because the head is different than that of a pure schäfi.
staffis have around 2-3 kg at 8 weeks for example. that would fit the weight.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I can see the photo now and I would say definitely a German Shepherd mix

·
Registered
547 Posts
German shepherd with something smaller was my first thought too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.