Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, i have two bull terriers, one i have trained him since he was 7 weeks old and is now 8 months old and is very obedient, house trained, loving dog. will listen to commands and is great with my kids. The other i have used the same training and nurturing tactics i have with all my k9 companions in the past. All of them were very successful until Freya came along. i have been working with her since she was 7 weeks old as well, she acts scared all the time, almost depressed, and will occasionally get excited and want to play.she has learned to sit, and shake but as for coming to me when i call her its hit and miss. Ahe also will not let me know when she needs to go outside to use the bathroom. I can bring her out and watch her do number 1 and 2, and 10 minutes after coming back inside she will potty on the floor.she will also mess in her bed and lay in it.i consider myself usually very good with k9s but i am beginning to wonder if there is a problem with how i am training her or if this is a mental issue. she can appear to be so smart and then act like she hasnt learned anything the next minute. i reward with treats, praises and everything. the 8 month old i thought might help her learn since he is around her constantly as well. But no luck yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Going out on a limb here, but she sounds very nervous in temperament, maybe too scared to pee outside.
Have you described all this to your vet? About how she's received the same training but seems nervous even in the house.
How long are your walks? Could you make them longer so that she a) gets desensitized to the over-stimulating environment and b) has to pee badly enough that she does it outside. Really really long walks. Spring would be a better time to suggest this, of course.

Reactions: Evylmunkee
1 - 2 of 2 Posts