Hello pet lovers! I have a question that’s been on my mind for a while now. I’ve been afraid of dogs my whole life (grew up in the country with lots of aggressive strays and been stalked and nearly bitten many times as a kid!) and a year ago I finally decided to get myself a dog because I felt like I was missing out in life, ya know? I was a first time owner and have 2 cats at home. So I decided to go with a safe choice (bought instead of rescuing from a pound) and I felt really bad about it but I didn’t want to take risks. So I got a goldendodle, seemed like a safe choice. And we love him dearly and have no issues with him at all. Beside walking on a leash. Still working on that... kind of... unsuccessfully haha but when we go out we always go to off leash areas. Anyways! I feel like we’re ready for dog #2. And here’s the dilemma... I can’t decide whether to get a small dog or a large one. Here’s my thinking: I really want a small breed dog so I can take it everywhere with me. I have a weird public anxiety and feel much better with a buddy. My little pony here doesn’t walk on leash and gets too excited on public so he’s park and lake bound. And I really want a little munchkin who’d snuggle with me and be my bestie. BUT since it’d be only other dog in the house I’m afraid my doodle may hurt him (on accident) or won’t leave him alone (he needs to play all day every day). On the other hand I feel like my dog deserves a buddy, someone to play at the dog park and our backyard with and just wear each other out. I love playing with him but who am I kidding? He has way more energy! (We take him to an off leash dog park almost every day). I’ve been dreaming of a border collie for years now.. and I think it’d be a good match agility and intelligence wise. Question is... which one is a better choice considering all the factors? My doodle is not fixed (yet..) because we wanted to continue his line and get his puppies since he has the best personality ever... but if we get second dog, I guess that won’t be an option anymore? Is not getting anymore dogs really the best case scenario here? Help!