Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Milly I'm 19.
I have three dogs one female Shih tzu called Dolly (age 3) and two male Shih tzu/Pug cross called Sid (age 4) and Buddy (age 1.5).
Sid and Dolly have had two litters together and buddy is a puppy from the first litter they had.

The three of them were the best of friends until a couple of weeks ago when Sid hurt his leg walking. Since then Buddy has been very aggressive towards Sid,it started out with a few growls if Sid went too close to him then Buddy started fighting with Sid if he got to close to me (Buddy is a very needy dog so I thought it was jealousy??). They all used to sleep on the bed with me all snuggled up to each other but now its gotten to the point where they can't be in the same room as one another because Buddy will stare at him and start a fight, whether I'm in the room or not. I've read that if you walk the aggressive dog a lot then that can help relieve some tension, but I took him on a hour long walk by himself today and as soon as he saw Sid when he came home he was staring him out and growling.

Neither of them are neutered and I've booked an appointment with my vet next week to get Buddy done and Sid will be done the following week.
I'm worried that this will not help and Buddy will have to live with my mum, I love all my dogs and I'd hate for them to be separated.

Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Neutering may help. We had that situation with one of our male aussies. He was so bad, that not only was he attacking our other dogs, including females, but starting to growl towards us as well. For us, it was neuter or euthanize. We chose neuter, and It took some time, several months in fact but he has toned down and become another dog. Sometimes males just can't handle being intact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.