Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! I'm new here, and I have a question that I hope you can help me with. I am considering adopting a puppy to keep in the house. It is 5 weeks old right now. His mother is a poodle/schnauzer mix...Father is a chihuahua/pomeranian mix. What I'm concerned about is that I have small children, and I read recently that the chihuahuas and pomeranians are not good with small children. I also read that the breeds that make up the mother are perfect with small children.

I really like that fact that this dog possibly will not shed. I hope I don't sound too dumb, but I'm fairly new to this 'small' dog stuff.

Do you think that this could be a good dog for us?

Thanks so much. :)

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Depends on the dog and depends on your children...

If you are overly concerned perhaps an adult dog and not a puppy would be better.

Is this dog from an oops litter? If this *breeder* is selling designer dogs for $$ I suggest you run the other way screaming.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, the puppy is the result of an accidental breeding.:) No $$ involved.

We have decided to go look at the pups, but we're really skeptical right now about whether this could be the dog for us. Most likely, we won't be getting it.
Our dream puppy is a Boston Terrier, so we should probably hold out for one of those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts