Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a new fur mommy and recently started putting boiled chicken breasts in her dry food but last night found chicken gizzards and decided to try that. I get worried really easily and didn't do extensive research before doing this only knowing its good for dogs. I can't find any info on how many is okay for them to have. Today she got like 3 cut up mixed in with breakfast and 3 cut up mixed in with dinner. Did I just mess my baby up? And should I just stick with the boiled chicken? Any advice would be much appreciated!!! TIA

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm sure others can go into more detail, since I'm short on time, but NO you did NOT do anything harmful to your baby!

How much you can feed depends on the other parts of her diet, how big she is etc. For a balanced diet anyways. But they won't hurt her!

Someone else can probably give more info on home cooked diets. But I have fed gizzards before (raw actually) as a part of my dogs diet with no problems!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I am a new fur mommy and recently started putting boiled chicken breasts in her dry food but last night found chicken gizzards and decided to try that. I get worried really easily and didn't do extensive research before doing this only knowing its good for dogs. I can't find any info on how many is okay for them to have. Today she got like 3 cut up mixed in with breakfast and 3 cut up mixed in with dinner. Did I just mess my baby up? And should I just stick with the boiled chicken? Any advice would be much appreciated!!! TIA
A chicken gizzard is organ meat and should be about 5 % of the meal. Too much can cause problems. you might end up with a little loose stool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts