Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,
my name is Natalia and we (as a family with 4 kids) have adopted a 3y old shelter dog recently. She weighs about 18kgs and is quite sweet, though there are obviously some issues.
I will list some and maybe you can link me to the best thread :)
1) She has been fine initially, now she jumps over the kids gate form the first floor and does her business on the kids carpets...which is no good nor acceptable. I left her sleeping on the leash so she could not go upstairs which had not been a problem for tonight (I thought she might whine or bark but she was ok)...I still wonder how to teach her not to go into certain areas but that might be really advanced :)
2) She seems to have a loose attachment to me (well she whines when I leave the house and only if it is me she does not care about the other ppl) in the sens that she can not hold her attention when I ask it...like when we are outside in a safe are I let her off the leash so she can run and she chases butterflies and grashoppers and is literally absent from my world.
3) She does not seem very interested in her food...I mean what does one do?
4) She bites my hands as that is her super favourite thing to play with but we have that pretty much handles ...sometimes though she starts running round like crazy and almost knocks me over and she sort of barks at me...nothing scary just really calling for my attention in a pushy way.

That is it for now :)
Oh I managed to teach her not to pull on the leash which is great and she can sit down in 80% if the cases. Now she started to bark at men really badly.
Oh just what I know form her story, she was 1y old pregnant when she arrive din the shelter and stayed there for 2 years. She clearly must have had some trauma as she is afraid of a lot of stuff.
Thanks for listening,
Natalia

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.