Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

So puppy still does not have a name - nothing we have come up with so far seems to fit. However since we got her around Halloween (favourite holiday!)
I am thinking something Halloween or Autumn related.

I have thought of things like Ghost and Trick but I'm not sure how creative those are. I'd love to get some ideas from other people!

I want to stay away from things that are too cutesy like 'Pumpkin' or 'Candy'

Cat

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is not halloweeny at all, but I love dog name Kafka. I have no idea why it just sounds super cool to me.
Moving on to more halloween related names how about Poltergeist, Bone or Skellington?

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
I'm not very creative, honestly haha but do you have any favorite Halloween movies or characters?

My only suggestion is to make sure it doesn't rhyme with any commands that you plan to use.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Well, I'll preface this by saying I'm terrible at choosing names, and mine are always overruled by my husband.

Ceres - Roman goddess of corn
Demeter - Goddess of the harvest. Maybe some cute like Demi or something.
Selu - Native American goddess of corn

Other thoughts Rusty, Scarlet, Sage, Sienna. Or since she's a BC/Aussie mix any of the classic agility names" Flye, Twist, Whip etc etc. :p

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
When we adopted our dog, just looking at her, she seemed to be saying to us, my name is Samantha. Somehow she just looked like Samantha. Look closely at your pup, and her antics, you may see in her what an appropriate name for her should be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all of the suggestions!

I really like Sage and I like Squire a lot. Hubby thinks she needs a more girly name. He wants to call her Phoebe. I do not object to Phoebe so we will try it out for a few days and see.

I think she is more rough and tumble - she has been playing like crazy, is full of herself, and is very opinionated.

If you get her riled up she gets all growly and pounces your feet or hand. We are working on the biting thing but I expect her to be a land shark for awhile.

Cat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts