Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

We'll be taking a young (2 year) dog on trial for 2 weeks. If we opt not to adopt, we'll foster him until a good fit is found for him as the dog is being transported in and the rescue organization doesn't have a facility but rely on foster situations.

Not much is known about him. The rescue advertises him as a pointer-cross but I think he might actually be a Pudelpointer -- at least he's a deadringer for it! Pudelpointer is a German bred gun dog similar to GSPs, GWPs, and Griffons. He's been described as a very chill guy that's good with other dogs, people, kids, cats, etc but this is based on short visits to his shelter by rescue staff so I don't put 100% stock in it, we'll see what he's like when he arrives.

Right now his name is Fred, but this name is essentially randomly assigned for travel document purposes so he doesn't actually associate to it.

In the running right now (after real struggles to come up with anything at all):

Mosely -- Similar to Mr. Molesley from Downton Abbey who's your classic good guy that gets the short end of the stick in life most of the time (but at the end of the show he gets his break). If he's as relaxed and sweet as they say it would fit. Plus Mosel River is in Germany and is where we'll be the weekend before he arrives visiting some wineries.

Odin -- Norwegian (head) god. Just an easy 2-syllable name that is easy to say with our current dog's name (Pixel). Plus the dog seems to have wise eyes.

Dougal (pronounced Dew-gol) -- I laughed at this one because it came from my showing a friend the photo and she said that the first thing that came to mind was a drunk Scottish man named Dougal. I like it because right now we often say "Pixel the Pup"and Dougal would become "Dougal the Dawg". plus it's a bit unusual like his looks.

Other suggestions welcome! Other's that have been suggested but we've nixed are Milo (I associate it with a powdery drink I hated as a child), Otis (friend's dog's name), Rolph (nope)

Picture:
$_84.JPG

·
Registered
324 Posts
My friend's son is Odin so I can't imagine that on this guy ;) I like Dougal actually- or what about Guinness since he is the color of Guinness beer? Or Murphy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts