Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a blue Merle female working aussie puppy in December. I've been trying to find good name ideas. She will be a herding and agility trial dog so the shorter name the better. Also would love something that would go well with my other dog named cinch. I have to rule out spur and rodeo because we have/know other pets by those names. Any ideas?!?!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Congrats on the future Aussie pup! I may be a tad biased but they are amazing dogs. I brought home my own about a week ago and just can't say how much I love this little girl. You will have to post tons of photos!

As for names that genre is so heavy in male sounding names.

Boots
Bosal
Bits
Rein
Calamity Jane
Annie Oakley
(rodeo) Queen

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Bond (if it were me every second dog would be named bond XD), clasp,belt.
Schnalle, Gurt, Riemen...^^"

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
There is a Border Collie pup at daycare named Sprocket, and while it's two syllables, I'm obsessed with it. XD

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
First off, CONGRATS, aussies are one of the best breeds out there, but of course, I am biased.

As far as names, of man I am not good at that. Bramble (Bram for short). Sage?

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Sometimes too unfortunately, the best thought out names just don't match the puppy you get. Sometimes you meet them and the name instantly comes to you!

Reactions: jclark343

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts

Meet the dog and really, name her yourself. Any name we give you will be lacking because a) we don't know her personality and b) it's not our dog.

I know a friend who did this, years ago. They asked people on a forum to name their dog - the name they chose was Diablo. Diablo is a 4lb Chihuahua that is scared of his own shadow [so much for a "devil"].

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know a calf roper who named their daughter Dally?seems cute for a dog to me :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts