Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my 9 year old yorkie for about 3 weeks ( took her in after my mom passed away, too much for my dad to handle). I notice her left paw has a nail that’s different color than the others. She never lets us touch that paw when we clean her or wipe her paws down. We took her to the vet 2 weeks ago and they didn’t say anything bad about it when we brought it up. I’ve included a pic just for reference-nail is circled in red.
Eyelash Human body Gesture Automotive tire Eyewear

·
Registered
287 Posts
Unfortunately, the picture isn't quite clear enough for me to make out the nail. It's possible she has pulled the nail out of its nail bed a little way, which can be quite sore. If she isn't limping, I'd give it a week or so and then attempt to gently look at the nail again and go from there. If someone helps hold her, will she let you get a better look? It is normal for dogs to have different coloured nails, so it's less the colour and more her indicating discomfort, which is the concern here, IMO. If the nails weren't kept short in her lifetime, the nail itself may also have become ingrown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts