Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m completely confused. My 15 mo old lab/border collie has been cowering and peeing in the house for no reason. It started about two weeks ago. She has always been a very friendly dog and always goes outside. I had to board her at a kennel for a week about three weeks ago. About a week after I brought her home, I gave her a treat and she took it into my bedroom and ate it on the floor. Nothing unusual but after she finished, she just for no reason and no warning just peed on the carpet. I cleaned it up and didn’t make a big deal about it. She then went on the bed and laid down. I told her to get off the bed because I was going to wash the sheets. Again she peed, this time all over the bed and was cowering. I yelled at her that time and took her out and she again peed. After I brought her in, maybe after 15 minutes, she peed on the floor. This began to be a daily thing. I began tot suspect she might have a UTI and took her to the vet. Sure enough, she did have a UTI. She’s been on antibiotics for four days now. A little while ago, I made her some scrambled eggs and called for her. She was laying on the floor in the bedroom. She didn’t come, even though she saw me put something down by her bowl. I went into the bedroom to try to get her and she cowered and peed. She got up and cowered into the living room with a line of pee following her. She went outside and wouldn’t even investigate what I put down for her by her bowl. I finally took the eggs outside to her and she ate them up completely. I’m getting worried about the change in her behavior. She did go through about a week long period when she was about 7 months old where she was afraid to go out of the house but that lasted about a week and it was over. She’s never peed in the house and it’s now becoming a daily thing. Is it because of the UTI, something happened at the kennel, or something else that I’m not thinking of? I’m completely baffled by her recent behavior and can’t figure out what’s wrong. Anyone have any ideas? I’m really worried about her.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts