Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my shih tzu has been on a prescription food for the past few years- I had always trouble with him eating it and he also tried stealing other dogs food or our cat food. I took him to the vet three days ago for a check up and the vet says he's good to return to normal food. The problem is he refuses to eat any normal food. He's tried three different kinds and its day three and he hasn't eaten. I finally gave him some toast because he threw up bile this morning. bleh I need to stay strong but I'm worried. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
You could try mixing some of the Rx food with the 'regular' and slowly increase the regular and decrease the Rx. I don't know what your 'regular' food is, but ours was a picky eater, then we changed her to all fresh, food, nothing processed. She now loves meal time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could try mixing some of the Rx food with the 'regular' and slowly increase the regular and decrease the Rx. I don't know what your 'regular' food is, but ours was a picky eater, then we changed her to all fresh, food, nothing processed. She now loves meal time.

Yeah both good suggestions.If I wanted to try the Rx food Id have to try to convince the doctor to give me another script for it plus it 70 dollars a bag. I was feeding him chicken oatmeal egg and pumpkin but he'd just pick out the chicken. all he wants to eat is pure meat or his bacon treats lol...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts