Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(I am not sure what happen to my mal puppy, he was so energetic and couldn't stop him from scratching and biting till he stopped.. Few minutes later, I saw some blood drips near him and it managed to wet his tail tip with blood. Thats a lot of blood.. I just saw blood around and I was worried as **** cause he is still 2months old and had his 5n1 vaccine twice already. Please help if anyone had this experience.. Will continue to observe him in the next 2 days..

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Need a bit more information.

Is he usually that itchy, or did it start all of a sudden?
Where is the blood coming from?
Has the itching stopped?

If it started all of a sudden, some insect may have stung or bit him and caused it. My old boy got stung by a wasp and would not leave his tail alone, he chewed at it until he had it inflamed and infected, I ended up at the vet with him to get it cleaned and him on antibiotics.

You need to figure out where the blood is coming from and see if it needs medical attention, or is something you can take care of at home.

If he's still itchy he's liable to do more damage to himself, like my old dog did to his tail, so you should at least call the vet and ask if he should be taken in or if there's something you can give him at home to help.

Reactions: chloethebelgian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much, that was a relief, I think he battled on the house rats that is after his food.. The rats gathered after I bought one sack of dogfood and let it open sometimes in the house.. I suspect some rats tried to snatch some food on his bowl and heard some scratches and rat screaming a while ago.. Thank you again so much for the information, i guess this one deserve a trip to vet..

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Thank you so much, that was a relief, I think he battled on the house rats that is after his food.. The rats gathered after I bought one sack of dogfood and let it open sometimes in the house.. I suspect some rats tried to snatch some food on his bowl and heard some scratches and rat screaming a while ago.. Thank you again so much for the information, i guess this one deserve a trip to vet..

Yes, if you suspect a rat bite I'd take him in just to be on the safe side. To be honest I'm not sure if the vet will want to quarantine him or not, the good news is that rats rarely carry rabies but your vet may still want to quarantine the puppy for 10 days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts