Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago we got a 4 month girl chihuahua,a friend gave it to us because her cat would bite and scratch her all the time and she was always scared,anyway she was doing good till i gave her wet food yesterday she ate it fine and all but today i notice she didnt eat at all try give her more of the wet food but she didnt want to, i took her outside to potty and she was having a hard time going took her about 15 min to go then i noticed she poop the wet food and look just what she ate,thats when she started to throw up first yellow bile cuz she didnt have nothing on her stomach but now she every 10 min she starts licking her lips alot then throws up white foam.. What can i do to help her feel better or give her...i call the vet and she told me its nothing to panic that shes just getting rid of all the food she ate but i dont like seen her like that,any advice?!

·
Registered
900 Posts
You can try a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice to help settle her stomach. Add some heavy mineral oil (not too much though) to help soften her stool to pass easier. I hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys...shes actually better now she drinking and eating now, got scared for a moment,but she was throwing up for half hour and after that she took i nap and was up drinking water and ate some ground beef

·
Registered
876 Posts
For the future if it happens again, a half hour or an hour of throwing up is scary for us but they'll be alright. When it goes on longer, for hours or heaven forbid days, then there's more reason for concern. It sounds like in this case the canned food wasn't any good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts