Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I recently got a puppy (a German spitz mittel) I've only had her at 4 months of age, she a just under a week off 5 months old. Shes perfectly smart. Already toilet trained. And totaly non barking, or making any noise really. She never touched anything thats not her own toys either. And is super respectful of our 3 cats. Wont chase or bark at them unless they run. Is an angel with visitors and going to other peoples houses, even great with young kids. But when we are in the backyard, or go for walks, anyone whos in her line of sight dogs or people, she will start growling which leads into a howling bark. She doea not pull on the lead to reach them, or show any teeth when growling. If i talk to the person, or they come over, she stops growling and barking instantly and will try to get close to them for pats. Im not sure how to stop her reacting to every dog and person... is rather embarassing when she growls because shes not aggressive at all, but other people dont know that. I walk her twice a day to expose her to to hopefuly desensitise her. Thankyou! Just need some help... im hoping she will grow out of it...

·
Registered
434 Posts
It sounds like she's giving a warning but once she gets the idea that you're okay with the person, she's okay too. I know this is unacceptable and hope someone here can help. I surely don't know what to tell you but it seems like she's coming from a place of protecting you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts