Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is too young. It is just about 4 months old. But he is too frustrated sexually. How can I solve it. When it was born, it is smaller than others. I think my puppy has some serious mental problems. Sorry for my bad English.

·
Registered
429 Posts
How and when does your puppy show sexual behavior? Behavior that are thought to be sexual, such as humping, can also be due to stress, over excitement or under-stimulation.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Or overstimulation too I think @Sunflower ?

@Hain, your English is good!
Yes, you’re absolutely right. I might have been a bit inexplicit but I somewhat counted the “over excitement” as that. There’s a word for it in Swedish and I think it might be displacement behavior in English (but I’m not sure). Basically what I’m referring to is when the dog is met by too much impressions/excitement and don’t know how to handle it so to cope with it they turn to behavior such as humping, for instance. But over excitement and overstimulation isn’t the same thing so to add that to the list doesn’t only make it clearer but also more correct!

·
Super Moderator
1,252 Posts
You are absolutely right, it is displacement behaviour.

By the way, I'm in awe of your English. I speak passable French but nothing near as well as your English.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You are absolutely right, it is displacement behaviour.

By the way, I'm in awe of your English. I speak passable French but nothing near as well as your English.
Oh thank you! I actually struggle a bit sometimes (I’m sure you’ve noticed) and often have to look up words and other things. But it helps me to keep up with my english, being that I rarely use it since I graduated (a year ago). However I wish it was better, especially when speaking, but at least it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts